Monday, February 7, 2011

Vegas, I miss you

A little less than one year ago, I had the opportunity to go on my very first spring break trip. After much debate, my room mate and I decided to fly to Las Vegas for a fun filled week. And, to make up for the fact that I had never gone on spring break. Little did I know...Las Vegas is becoming a breath taking architecture and design mecca.




Searching the web, we found the Vdara, a new completed hotel in the newest part of Vegas, City Center. The price was right and we flew in to Vegas where we stayed at the Vdara with views of the dessert and the pool from our room. Can I just say, this hotel is stunning, from the architecture to the interiors, the lighting to the Karim Rashid restaurant that greets you in the lobby.


Now the real point of this article, is that I so badly want to go back. Regardless of my fear of flying [which I seem to get better at with each new destination]. I hope to revisit Las Vegas and bask in it's beauty. To revisit one of my favorite lighting designs.

Created by a company that I have grown to love in the past two years. Illuminating Concepts.
http://www.illuminatingconcepts.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment