Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rothschild

I recently read an article on a piece created by sculptor Rothschild. Though, I might not agree with the article, I do love the piece. The piece, entitled "Cold Corners" address much different issues from my perspective than what the article reviews. Stating the addressing of the sculpture and it's interaction with other work in the museum. I don't believe the interaction between the sculpture and featured work is what is of most interest to myself. What attracts me is the dialect that occurs between the sculpture and the architecture. The points seem to be interjecting through well planned and noted components of architecture. Thrusting into the skylight, leaning against columns, pointing to walls and floors. The sculpture draws new light to the space in which it has been built.



No comments:

Post a Comment